Characteristics of the subject:
The subject of Spanish language and culture taught at Súkromné bilingválne gymnázium in Zilina, has the objective that students not only acquire a good level of Spanish thanks to the interaction with a native teacher, but also have direct access to the culture, history and art of Spanish-speaking countries.
In Spanish language classes we use an active didactic methodology, in which the student is the protagonist of his learning and the teacher is the expert in the subject, knowledgeable about the best means and resources to transmit the knowledge and to help the student to organize the process and to optimize his strategies to learn.
This communicative approach gives more importance to interaction, it is considered as a method that promotes student participation in the learning process. The communicative method focuses more on the students‘ communication using Spanish, i.e. more oral and written production means better acquisition.
The interaction is very important during the development of the Spanish language classes, making the most of the fact of having a native teacher at your disposal.
The manuals that are used in Spanish classes are:
Objectives for each school year:
During the five years of Spanish language study at this centre, students will follow the criteria of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL), which divides the different levels of Spanish into A1, A2, B1, B2, C1.
FIRST YEAR – LEVEL A1
– General Information
– Identify people, places and objects.
– Expressing opinions.
– Social uses of language.
SECOND YEAR – LEVEL A2
– Comparing places, situations and actions.
– Express feelings, wishes and preferences.
– Expressing an opinion.
– Control of oral communication and pronunciation
THIRD YEAR – LEVEL B1
– Past tenses.
– Express plans for the future.
– Ask questions and give information of a cultural nature
– Talk about personal relationships.
FOURTH YEAR – LEVEL B2
– Describe and give opinions about social customs and behaviour.
– Narrate events and anecdotes from the past.
– Ask, give advice and react.
– Describing life in a place.
FIFTH YEAR – LEVEL C1
– Physical and personality description.
– Storytelling. Express temporal relationships between actions.
– Give instructions.
In addition to the hours of Spanish language that each course is assigned, in our institute the students have the possibility to participate in an advanced level conversation course of two hours per week with their native teacher.